Friday, October 14, 2011

I Love Cheese Fries

With little to do but dwell on the future, I’ve had a lot of time to fantasize about my new life.  And come to the harsh reality that there are some things that I will not be able to do once I’m gone. So, in no particular order, here’s a list of stuff I will miss. 

1. Steak and Shake. There is nothing like a Double Steak and Cheese and some cheese fries at the end of a long day. And I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of long days at sea with no greasy, cheesy goodness to take off the edge. 



2. The Internet. Duh. In my endless hours of research I have learned that the internet is available on board but it's gonna cost me. No one will tell me how much though...Might make this blog thing complicated but I'll make it work.


3. Speaking of making it work, I am going to miss my reality television. Tim Gunn, the Kardashians, Dance Moms, America's Next Top Model. How will I ever escape the drama of my own life if I can't watch group challenges and cat fights? Life is rough. 


4. My bed. Do crew cabins have sleep number beds?


5. Netflix. They might be messing everything up with their price raising and crazy two website thingy that I don't understand. But they have still exposed me to movies and shows that I never needed to watch. And loved.  I mean, I can't imagine what my life would be like if I had never watched a lovely show about the struggles of growing up in Australia as a teenage mermaid. I learned a lot of life lessons from that one. (H20: Just Add Water. Check it out sometime. You'll thank me later.) 


I might miss my friends and family, too, but I'll think about that tomorrow. (Irrelevant yet relevant side note: the day that Gone With the Wind was added to Netflix Instant Play was a very important day in my life). 

2 comments:

  1. Cassie, that is what ports are for. You should be able to get good connections whenever you dock in US ports. There are lots of internet cafe connections all over the world. You can also maximize your efficiency by composing your posts offline then doing a burst operation.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Cassie. This is my blog. It is about working on a cruise ship. You can read it if you want.