Thursday, October 27, 2011

Home to Chicago to Helsinki


Okay, these time zones are completely screwing me up. Is it today or yesterday or tomorrow? I left home at 9:30 am yesterday and arrived in Helsinki at 8:30 am today, but it is 1:30 am at home. Is it Thursday? Ay. I didn't sleep at all on the plane and now I have a 9 hour layover. 9 hours in an airport. In Finland. By myself. Really tired. At least there's free wifi. 
Helsinki airport is really small, but I still got lost. Most of the people speak English, but some of them just grunt at me. Don’t know if it’s the language barrier or the Finnish way? Or if it’s too early in the morning for people to string words together? I can understand that.

So since Monday I obviously managed to get everything together. On my way to Chicago my recruiter called saying there were problems with my medical, but by the time I got on the plane everything seemed to be in order. At least the last I heard…haven’t talked to anyone from home lately.

That’s been the most frustrating part. I know my family probably wants to know how I’m doing and I want to tell them about everything and make sure everything is okay but I can’t! Thank God for Facebook and iMessage. If only the time zone part weren’t making things so difficult. 

1 comment:

  1. The silence is very unnerving...especially from you....We miss you, but know you are in good hands!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Cassie. This is my blog. It is about working on a cruise ship. You can read it if you want.