Friday, October 21, 2011

Prepare ye, Barcelona!

It's all happening! I'm joining the Liberty of the Seas in Barcelona on October 29th! Less than a week to get everything together. I have to have a background check, medical, get my ticket to Spain, pack, plus tons of paperwork. It's very hectic, but going okay so far. When I first heard, I was at work and I pretty much had a panic attack thinking about getting all of the stuff together. But I have the most amazing mother in the world who is helping me through it all. Seriously, Mama, I love you.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to leave my job at the doctor's office before I expected and I feel pretty awful about that. Huge thank you to everyone at Vascular and Thoracic Associates for putting up with my craziness! I'm going to miss all of you! 

I was super excited when I heard Barcelona, but I'm joining the ship on the last transatlantic itinerary until April, so I'll mostly be going to the Caribbean. And from what I've heard, the first two weeks are the worst because I will be doing safety training on top of everything else. So I don't think there is any chance that I'll be able to get off at any of the ports. 

On top of all the training, we are cruising for 7 days straight, so the passengers are on the ship 24/7. Guess it will be good to be able to jump in with both feet. 

Still have a lot of unanswered questions. My main concerns have to do with actually getting to the ship. Being in Spain all by myself! At Orion High School, we learned Mexican, not Spanish. Way to prepare me for the world, Orion. Not that I can speak Mexican very well either. 

So here's my new home for the next 6 months. I can't wait to get started and meet new people.

I still haven't given up on my fantasy that I will meet a supermegafoxyawesomehot Australian even though I'm not going to Australia. He's an heir to tons of family money, but he wanted to work on a cruise ship to get some life experience. He will take me to Australia and teach me to surf and we will live happily ever after in his huge Australian mansion. 

3 comments:

  1. There's no such language as Mexican. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too. Let's make a pact not to kill each other before you go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a fun experience good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Cassie. This is my blog. It is about working on a cruise ship. You can read it if you want.