Friday, October 28, 2011

Barcelona or I Couldn't Come Up With An Interesting Title

Ay. It's been a long few days. And interesting. I'm really excited but I'm having a little breakdown thinking about home and my puppy.

He may not be very photogenic, but I still love him. 


I got to Barcelona last night and stayed in a fancy schmancy hotel. Then I slept until 2:00 pm and had to change rooms because Royal Caribbean is paying for this night. They didn't have a reservation for me, but they gave me a room anyway (phew). I walked into my room and there was a girl sleeping in the bed. So I went downstairs and told the receptionist that there was already someone in my room. Well duh. I was sharing with someone else joining the ship. I felt pretty dumb.


Anyway, meeting her has probably been the best thing that's happened so far. Her name is Maria and she's from Bulgaria. Turns out she has a friend that lives in Barcelona, so we met her for some tapas and then went to a bar. So I got to explore Barcelona a little bit. She has been working for Royal Caribbean for 2 contracts so she has been able to tell me about ship life and now I am not so nervous about tomorrow.

So tomorrow is the day! The shuttle comes to pick me up at 8:00 am and I join the ship. Very, very nervous. Really, really excited.

P.S. Spanish men are very attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Cassie. This is my blog. It is about working on a cruise ship. You can read it if you want.