Friday, November 25, 2011

Ship Life

Ahhh! It's been forever. Here's a short little post. 

Ship Terminology

Paisono: somebody who is from the same country as you Ex: I have no paisonos in the dining room

Banana: somebody who does not leave a tip Ex: “Can you believe those bananas? I gaot them 15 hot chocolates everyday and they didn’t pay me.”

Bubbaloo: a stupid person Ex: “He is the biggest bubbaloo on this ship. Why he be telling me what to do?”

Fix: stealing someone else’s equipment in the dining room. Ex: “Somebody fixed me. I had 12 water glasses last night and now I have 2.”

Ship Life: term used to describe the way of life on a ship, usually used to make an excuse. Ex: “I really need to stop going to the crew bar every night”
                        “That’s ship life. Gotta get through this contract somehow.”


“That girl is married with two kids and lives with her boyfriend on the   ship.”
                        “That’s ship life. It get’s lonely without having someone.”

Back Deck: the crew bar, located on the very back of the ship on Deck 3. Ex: “Are you going to back deck tonight?”

Mauritius Mafia: huge group of Mauritian paisonos, always found together


Typical Conversations

“Where are you from in the States?”
            “Illinois”
“Where’s that?”
            “Chicago”
“Oh Chicago! It’s cold there.”

“This guy was just so mean to me. I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed to take water from there.”
            “Don’t worry about it, he’s Jamaican.”

Jamaican: “Why you cjkasouhf asoujfls?”

Other Person: “Speak English.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Cassie. This is my blog. It is about working on a cruise ship. You can read it if you want.